Monday 18 February 2013

Recipe 17: Focaccia


Focaccia, I couldn't wait to make this as it looked so yummy!

So, Foccaccia (description from good old Wiki) Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread, which may be topped with herbs or other ingredients. Focaccia is popular in Italy and is usually seasoned with olive oil and salt, and sometimes herbs, and may be topped with onion, cheese and meat, or flavoured with a number of vegetables.
So there is a lot you can do with it but with this recipe on the top of it was sea salt and dried oregano drizzled with olive oil.


With this recipe it was back to my preferred method of of using my hands and scrunching the ingredients! Again, there is a lot more water in this recipe than any of the others so far though it didn't feel as wet as the Ciabatta dough but that's probably because you knead this one unlike the other wet doughs where I used the mixer.


But this goes into the square container again and left to rise, I didn't get any pictures of this one (Yes, I forgot!) but from what I can remember, it raised well, not large of the Ciabatta but still well!
Like with the previous two recipes you had to be careful when taking the dough out of the container as you have to keep as much air in as possible! It then needs dividing in half, nice and easy – then to stretch on a baking tray and left to prove for an hour but I've started to leave it longer now (not too long though) and it is working out better!
Once the dough springs back when you touch it, you get to make thumb prints in the dough which is kinda fun, it feels like popping bubble wrap, popping the air in the dough! Then in the prints you make you dizzle olive oil and then dried oregano and sea salt all over the bread with a short bake of 15 minuets!


Reviews? I got a little over excited with the sea salt and out too much over them which is a shame because the bread was really nice! I would try these again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment