Monday 18 February 2013

Recipe 16: Ciabatta


What to say about Ciabatta...It was really fun! Of course, we all know Ciabatta, Italian bread, perfect for dipping in olive oil if you fancy or a nice sandwich!


Again, to my dislike though, I had to use my electric hand mixer but it was a lot easier with this one as so much water goes into Ciabatta so the mixer could handle it better! There was no butter in this loaf either, but this one did have olive oil in the recipe too.

















When the dough is mixed it says to put it in a square container and putting it in one of these really helps out later on! The dough really rises well, the container I placed it in was pretty large too but it filled right up, I think if I left it longer it would have reached the top, I loved it!




















When the dough is ready you have to take it out carefully as the recipe says not to let too much air out which you can understand as Ciabatta is very airy!
As you tip it out, it comes out in the nice square shape like the container so you can easily divide the dough into the correct Ciabatta shape and stretch! Then you place it on the baking tray and leave the dough to rest but instead of leaving it for hours, it says to only leave it for 20 minutes so it was nice to not have to wait for hours for it to be ready!!




Reviews? I should of baked it for longer, I knew it when I tapped the bottom but I was worried about it getting to dark on top as Ciabatta is usually pale. I think I would want to try and do this again and it was a fun one to bake, no kneading either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment