Sunday 17 February 2013

Recipe 15: Baguettes


So I was excited to make these so I could use the Baguette tray at last! I love it!
So the main difference in ingredients is that there is no butter involved but a load more water than usual! With this recipe you don't use your hands either, you need a mixer which I haven't got! So I use my electric hand mixer which I think works as a good substitute, it does the job! Probably not as perfect as it should be but what else can I do! The mixture is too sticky and wet to handle by hand!


It is a bit of a nightmare using a hand mixer though, when the dough gets more together it starts to get stuck so I have to keep stopping and starting! And you need to do with for around 5 minutes! Then it suggests to place the dough into a square container as it helps to shape it!


It advises that you don't knock the air out of the dough like you would usually but instead to handle it gently as there should be as much air left in it as possible. It says to divide into 4 or 5 pieces but I only managed three! You shape it into the long Baguette style and place on the super cool Baguette tray and leave to prove!













They prove so lovely! They really look so nice on the tray too, I liked the way they looked before baking them better than baked, so odd I know! But when they were baked, I slashed the Baguettes with three lines on each but they didn't look as good as they did in the picture in the book which is a shame! I probably didn't cut them deeply enough but I will probably make these again, so I can use my tray again which I'm so in love with!

















Reviews? So they didn't look as good as I hoped they would but they sure tasted good! Probably the most light bread I've done up to date. All my family liked them too and AJ has got some to try too!








No comments:

Post a Comment