Sunday 27 January 2013

Recipe 7: Chapatis


Chapatis. There isn't much to say about this recipe, as a lot doesn't go into it. I'm not sure if it was just me, but the mixture is gets dry very easily. There is no yeast or butter involved but Olive Oil goes into the mixture instead.

The recipe doesn't take too long, once mixed and kneaded (boo!) then you just leave to rest for half an hour. It doesn't really rise, but then it hasn't got any yeast in it so I wasn't too sure why you needed to leave it to rest.
Once rested, I needed to divide the mixture into 6 equal pieces then roll into a think disc.














These then go onto a frying pan for around 2 minutes each time but I think I kept most of mine on for longer as I was worried they wasn't cooked through enough.
















I don't think my Chapatis came out like they should have done, proper ones look like they have more of a puff to them when my ones look more like a very flat bread!


 Reviews? Apparently they tasted nice despite my judgements!  

No comments:

Post a Comment