Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Project!



So, welcome to 2013! Who knows what this year will hold for us!

I can imagine for me, most of it will be baking as I mentioned in my first post about the new project I will be starting this year and will hopefully get finished by the end of this year!
Well, as I've expressed I love to bake, I'm not an expert but I would to have a whole round knowledge (not just cake like I've been doing) but all the different kinds of bread and of course there will be cake involved too!

My project is to from start to finish (no skipping, I promise!) bake every recipe in Paul Hollywood's 'How to Bake' book. Why? Because it has a mixture of everything you could think of baking, there are so many recipes I am so excited to try and bake and of course some that I am little nervous to try but I guess with this project there will be success and some disappointments but all in the aid to learn all the essentials to successful baking!
The book has everything you would need to learn for beginners, from basic recipes (which should be fine!) and then some more challenging ones and also some new ideas!

I am so worried about all the bread in the book, I feel it will be my downfall, which isn't good as the first half of the book is pretty much all different types of bread! But it means I will learn lots and at the start of the book it has instructions and diagrams on all kinds of techniques, such as kneading, etc - so will be very helpful!

I believe there are around 123 recipes, starting from breads and then ending in my comfort zone – cakes!
So 123 recipes in one year which I can only do at the weekend due to work, so I need to do at least 2 recipes a week!!

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment