Saturday 12 January 2013

Recipe 4: Soda Bread


Recipe 4: Soda Bread

I like Soda Bread, it's quick, it's easy and no kneading involved, it gave my arms a much needed rest! :)

I've never actually tried Soda Bread before so I had no idea how different it was to making the usual loaf!

It starts with mixing all the dry ingredients together (no yeast involved, so odd!) and then adding the Buttermilk. It is such a sticky mixture! I was thinking, it's never going to all stick together to make a nice dough. Once you've done this part, you flour the surface and roll it into a ball.




I thought it was wasn't going to do this at first because of how sticky it was but when you start rolling the dough, it really starts to behave and suddenly comes all together in a nice round ball! Result!


Once rolled, all it needs is a deep cut and to lightly flour and then to pop it in the oven for half an hour!



This was by far (I know this is only the 4th recipe, haha) the easiest recipe I've had to do. I don't know why more people don't make it! The preparation is so quick, there is no having to wait for it to rise, etc; it's just mix and then in the oven, so easy!
I think this recipe would be ideal for dinner parties, it doesn't need any attention, it looks nice and rustic and it would impress your friends with no effort at all! Maybe it could be done quickly to add with a meal? Would go down a treat with a soup or a stew!

The reviews?  All my family really liked it, Alice my sister had seconds! Mum & Dad both liked it. My Grandad thought it was nice and it was his first experience of Soda Bread! AJ took a piece home to have with her soup and she also enjoyed it!





119 Recipes to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment