Tuesday 15 January 2013

Recipe 5: Wraps


Wraps, I'm not sure what I make of wraps.


It starts with scrunching the mixture, the different part about this recipe is that it has caster sugar! I would of though there would have been sugar in wraps! I think added a bit more water than needed as I panicked thinking the mixture was not sticking together well enough. It took a little longer to knead due the mixture being more soggy than it should have been.






Once kneaded, it's time to leave it to rise. This dough did get to a good size, it was more airy than some of the previous doughs.
Then when doubled in size, knock out the air. 



I had to divide it into equal amounts and roll into balls. This recipe did not need any time to prove, so I heated the frying pan with a little vegetable oil and rolled out the the mixture big enough for the pan.



It's really odd when you first put the dough onto the heated pan, it all starts to bubble up, you're suppose to do 2 minutes one side and 1 minute the other side. I think the first wrap I had a little too much vegetable oil in the pan as the side that first went onto the pan when I flipped it over looked more like a pancake than a wrap! But as I started to do the others and less oil, they started to look more colourful!



With the wraps, I'm not sure if it was my fault but when they came out the pan, they felt too stiff to be able to wrap round the home made chicken goujons I was doing with them! I wanted to keep them warm so I placed them at the bottom of the oven and when I took them out, they were more flexible so I'm not sure what did this, the warmth in the oven or once they are out of the pan, do they do naturally soft?! Big debate!



Anyway, the reviews, everyone liked them, the chicken goujons were yummy too if I do say so myself! My Dad said they looked more like naan breads though! Would I do them again? Not too sure, maybe to see if I could do them differently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment