Monday 1 April 2013

Recipe 27: Flatbread with Bacon and Epoisse Cheese


Well, nearly at the 30 mark and means less than 100 recipes to go, that sounds encouraging!

A fairly easy bread to make with a yummy result! I'm going to spoil this entry now by giving you the ending – but it's basically a normal flatbread and then add cheese and bacon and put it in the oven, so as said easy bread with a yummy result!

So I got up early on a Bank Holiday (8am, two hours lay in then I usually get though!) to make this recipe for breakfast!

It begins with the usual mixing all the ingredients with your hands until it forms a rough dough. Sometimes I think that my dough should be more wetter but then I worry I might spoil the whole thing – maybe one bake I will risk it and try it!


















Once the ingredients is all mixed then it's time to knead for 10 minutes, it's getting better, still not there but I still need to improve loads! While the dough is left to rise, I cooked the rashes of bacon not completely as they go in the oven later on and leave them to cool!

















When the dough is ready, time to divide the mixture into two equal pieces and and roll out into a ball and bake it on a frying pan for around 5 minutes each side. With one of the breads I felt I over baked it and the other one I didn't bake for as long because after this process they then go in the oven for another 10 minutes so then it kinda turned out one was over baked and one was under baked, couldn't win with this one! Eek!

















When they both ready, time to put them on a baking tray, sprinkle the cheese over them and add 3 rashes of bacon to each bread and then in the oven for around 10 minutes or until the cheese is making a nice bubble!


Reviews? So my mum and dad had these for breakfast and they pretty much didn't have anything else to eat till dinnertime so nice and filling! They said it tasted nice too, I tried a little and it was so rich, I wouldn't of been able to eat the whole thing!

The next recipe is breakfast rolls so excited to make this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment