Thursday 14 March 2013

Recipe 24: Olive Bread Sticks


After this recipe we get onto harder breads! But very different to what I've been baking at the moment so that will be exciting! It's a little worrying too as I haven't even come close to mastering the previous breads yet!


Again, my hand mixer came out but the mixer is a lot easier to use when there is olive oil in the mixture and the dough comes out lovely and smoother than usual! And then the fun part – adding the olives! I think you were meant to mix these in by the mixer but I decided to do it by hand as I thought it would be easier. But now when I look back at the finish product I should have used the mixer to break them up a bit! Next time!



















Then time to use the square container for it to rise in and and it raised a lot more than I thought they would as like with the previous bread, I was worried the olives might bring it down but it came out so nice! It was then time to carefully take out the dough to make sure you keep enough air in it as possible.



















It was hard to tell when the bread was baked (the recipe said 15-20 mins) as even though the olives were well drained you could hear the sizzle from the juice in the bread, this also made me worry it would come out soggy – but it didn't! I'm not a fan of olives but it did look and smell yummy!

Reviews? So I think my aunt is quite the fan! She loved them, she dipped them in balsamic vinegar – sounds nice! Gina loved them, all gone now I believe! Think I will be making these again...



No comments:

Post a Comment