Sunday 10 March 2013

Recipe 23: Pumpkin Seed Sticks with Poppy Seeds


Favoured bread number 2!


So I had to revert back to using the hand mixer again, perfect for cakes but not for bread. This time it nearly died on me, I was so worried I could smell burning especially the way the dough kept working it's way up to the top so I had to keep stopping but I'm starting to learn to deal with it!


Anyway at the mixing stage its 3 different types of flour, strong white, wholemeal and malt flour and mix for a good six or so minutes and afterwards add the pumpkin seeds and mix for a further 2 minutes. Which again with the seeds was an added stress on my poor mixer!





















You then leave to rise, which I thought wouldn't be too much as I thought the seeds would of make it heavy but it really does, better than some of the other doughs I have done!



















It's odd because so far with the doughs you use with the mixture you don't have to knock the air out of them but with this recipe you did! And it felt funny with all the seeds in them! Another thing that was done differently is once divided brush with water and then roll in the poppy seeds, which was fun! Then left to prove :)


This bake came out like beasts!! The recipe says it only makes 10 so that's what I divided the mixture but aren't they huge? Not very bread stick like at all but I suppose it doesn't matter if they taste nice, right?


Reviews? Everyone really liked them, they came out huge though! They wasn't too heavy either, maybe my little mixer is better than me after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment