Thursday 23 May 2013

Recipe 36: Pecan and Stilton Twist


I didn't get many pictures of this one as this was part of my marathon bread making weekend and lost track of sometimes of what I had and hadn't done!

I'm going to quickly go through this one as it is very similar to the others. It begins with the usual mixing and kneading, it didn't rise as much as usual but then I only left it just over an hour.

So, once it has risen, you put the pecan and Stilton and mix it into the bread, not knead into the bread like it has said for some of the others. And once this is done, time to knock the air out and divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and roll them out into roughly 30cm pieces.

In the book, it made it sound like you had to tab both pieces on one side, lift it up and twirl in round until it was in a twist. So that's what I did! It was so awkward holding it up and trying to twist it but now as I type it, it sounds so stupid that I did it this way and I'm starting to think maybe I wasn't meant to twist it in the air, oh dear...


But it doesn't look too bad for being twisted in the air, does it? Again, this is another one of the breads I over proved as you can probably tell from the pictures which is a shame because it would have looked amazing after being baked, etc. In the end though, it looked a little flat and this happens with one of the other breads too, boo!




















Reviews? AJ is the only one to have tried this one and I think she liked it the best out of all the 5 breads I did over the weekend so that's something! The only thing I worry about bread with cheese in, it makes it look doughy and not cooked even though it is, if that makes sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment