Monday 6 May 2013

Recipe 33: Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Breads


So I didn't get to bake last weekend but for a very good reason – we were in Disneyland Paris to celebrate Alice's 25th Birthday! It was amazing as always! As always the main mouse steals the show! Love this picture :)

Anyway, back the baking!

It starts with the usual ingredients, with a lot of tepid water too! As it is a very wet dough it says to use your mixer with a dough hook and as you may know (or may not!) I only have a hand mixer and the last few times I used it, I've nearly broken it so this time I decided to use my dough scraper and mix it by this for 8 minutes, which was a little tougher – worse than kneading but I suppose it's kinda the same thing in the end!


















After this, I had to place it into a square container to rise for an hour. I left it over an hour to give it a little more rise time and it rose well considering I used the dough scraper to mix it!

This is a quick bread to make, so you then tip the dough onto a heavily floured surface very carefully so not all of the air escape! Cut the dough into half and then into half again and you have four pieces!

Stretch the dough and and then this was a fun part (well I thought it was fun) stuffing the tomatoes on the dough and then placing the mozzarella around the tomatoes and then a little sprinkle of oregano and a splash of olive oil on each bread and leave them to rest for 15 minutes.



















And not a long wait at all and the bread is ready to do in! It says 15 – 20 minutes, I think I left it in for the 20 minutes because where all the cheese and tomato was it looked a little soggy and I was worried the dough underneath wasn't baked. But I was wrong, they were baked perfectly after all, just the cheese making me worry!













Reviews? Everyone liked them, I do think my dough is improving, of course it's still not perfect but it's getting better! Alice liked the bake, she said 'It tastes just like pizza man!' her exact words.

I'm looking forward to the next bake which involves bacon – I was going to do it this weekend but for the first time every – we had no bacon in our house, typical! That will have to be done next week now!

Oh - 90 recipes to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment