Tuesday 4 June 2013

Recipe 37: Cranberry and Stilton Bread

I really liked this recipe and the Cranberries in the bread gives it so much colour and the Stilton adds that little bit more taste!

I'm not going to go through all the details as it's pretty much the same as the others, mix all the ingredients together and then knead and leave to rise! Lucky, this wasn't one of the breads that I left to prove for ages, this was done on the good day!

















Once the rise was over, you had to roll out into a rough rectangle which also knocks all the air out of the dough. Then like the Breakfast Rolls, sprinkle the cranberries and Stilton evenly over the dough and start to roll it up into a sausage.


















I loved this next part, I don't know why – probably as I haven't done this yet so it was interesting to see how it would turn out! Very simple, once you have the long sausage roll, just swirl! It looks very pretty, I might try doing it with a plain white bread or something.



And then leave to prove! I really liked seeing the before and after of this dough as the swirl raised up and you could see the cranberries peaking through, looked really nice!

















Then of course, time to bake!



Reviews? This one got some really nice compliments, a friend at work asked if I sold bread at farmer's markets which was probably the nicest thing someone has said about my baking to think it's good enough to sell at one of those! So pleased with that :)

P.S: I kinda liked how it left the swirl pattern on the baking tray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment