Wednesday 12 June 2013

Recipe 38: Pecan Loaf

I going to quickly go through this one as I would consider it a bake fail though my tasters think differently!

I know the reason why it wasn't good, because this was the other bread I left to over prove and it was the last to go into the oven so when it came to the baking, it didn't rise in the oven, just stayed flat which was very disappointing!

One part of the process which was different was when it came to the shaping, you mixed the pecans into the dough after the rising process and then flatten the dough with your hands into a rough rectangle shape. Then roll it into a really tight sausage, I'm pretty sure I had to do this process twice (Sorry, did this two weeks ago now!) so made a change!

So, as I said the outcome I believe to be fail as it was falling back as I put it in the oven to bake which means it stayed the same height and didn't rise, serves me right for trying to bake 3 breads in a day and shopping for shoes!

Reviews? I also took this one to work and they loved them! I was worried they didn't look airy and looked a tad bit on the dough side to me but everyone really enjoyed them or they were just being nice! Either way, I think I got away with this fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment